- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- For batter, in a large bowl, combine the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients; add to the liquid mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of batter into greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top with about 1 teaspoon of filling.
- Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Bottom Mini-Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Black bottom cupcakes!!!!! Delicious, have been making these for years."
"I have been making these for over 30 years. They are wonderful and always a huge hit. I have never had them fail me. I make them in a regular size cupcake and always a double batch!"
"I teach childbirth classes, and the last class of every series is a reunion where former students can share their birth stories and show off their babies to current students. These were a huge hit with everyone at class last week. One dad-to-be kept passing the tray around and exclaiming how good they were. My family love them as well. Definitely a keeper!"
"Very nice cupcakes. I made a cream cheese frosting to put on top, makes them look a lot better."
"Been making these for years.... add miniature choc chips to the cream cheese center. People always ask where you bought them!"