These freeze very well. I like to keep a batch on-hand for drop-in guests or when I'm too busy to bake. —Bertille Cooper, California, Maryland
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- For batter, in a large bowl, combine the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients; add to the liquid mixture and mix well (batter will be thin).
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of batter into greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups. Top with about 1 teaspoon of filling.
- Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Bottom Mini-Cupcakes in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p18
Reviews for Chocolate-Bottom Mini-Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review