Chocolate Bliss Marble Cake Recipe
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Dissolve cocoa in water; let stand until cool.
- In a large bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar, milk, oil and extracts until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- In another bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Remove 2 cups batter; stir in reserved cocoa mixture.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Alternately spoon the plain and chocolate batters into pan. Cut through batter
- with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, in a microwave, melt whipped topping and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Place cake on a serving plate. Drizzle with topping. Arrange raspberries in center of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Bliss Marble Cake
Sort By :
"The only thing worse than this cake recipe is the recipe for the icing. The cake was not sweet enough and the texture so dense it tasted like a stale terd. This cake may be better used as a pretty decoration..just make sure you don't allow your guests to eat it."
"Very moist ..... great taste!"
"I read the reviews and saw the ups and downs. So, I made sure the egg whites were at room temp, and everything was exactly like the recipie. It looked too small in the pan, but when it tested done, I took it out. Way too packed.......but I did the frosting anyway. But, then I took a step back, looked at it and couldn't make myself serve it at a dinner. It's deep 6 in the bottom of my trash can!"
"It was very tasty, however it was a litle heavy. But my husband loved it and since we are both watching our sugar and weight I was more than satisfied with it. I didn't top with the chocolate since with only the two of us and we limit ourselves to one piece a day I felt it might get sticky. I just added low fat whipped topping as we ate each piece."
"I didn't have any whipped topping so I just used whipping cream. The cake turned out very nice. Also, it wasn't too sweet."