Chocolate Bliss Marble Cake Recipe
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Dissolve cocoa in water; let stand until cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat 3/4 cup sugar, milk, oil and extracts until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- 3. In another bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Remove 2 cups batter; stir in reserved cocoa mixture.
- 4. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Alternately spoon the plain and chocolate batters into pan. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6. For topping, in a microwave, melt whipped topping and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 7. Place cake on a serving plate. Drizzle with topping. Arrange raspberries in center of cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 215 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.