Chocolate Bliss Brownies Recipe
I first tried these at a brunch and begged the hostess for the recipe. Sometimes I'll eliminate the frosting and just sprinkle the top with confectioners' sugar.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:54 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate syrup. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (brownies may appear moist). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar and milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 30 seconds. Remove from the hear; stir in the chips until melted. Beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled brownies; cut. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC