- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and water; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans and cereal until coated. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip candy into chocolate, coating all sides; allow excess to drip off. Place on prepared pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Chocolate Billionaires
Sort By :
"Can these be frozen? If so, for how long? I'm starting my Christmas baking & candy making now."
"I wanted a chocolate treat for a retirement party at work....these were easy, Love the pecan/chocolate combo! A big hit w the office ! I did make them small and after dipping them in the choc. mix I drizzled white chocolate across some of the candies, and added choc. sprinkle to some to "fancy" them up a little."
"Tasty and easy. Sometimes I leave out the pecans for my nut-haters or switch up the kind of chocolate or even use milk chocolate almond bark, always delish. My one tip is to make them really small, smaller than you think, straight from the pot. They get a lot bigger after you add the chocolate, and the big ones really give your jaw a workout."
"Very good and very easy to do"
"My son picked these out to try this year for Christmas cookies and they are so good!!!! They weren't very difficult and we had no problems with sticking or dipping and they turned out amazing! We will be making these part of our go to holiday (or anytime) treats."