I received this recipe from a friend while living in Texas. When we moved, I was sure to take the recipe with me. Everyone raves about these chocolate and caramel candies. —June Humphrey, Strongsville, Ohio
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and water; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans and cereal until coated. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip candy into chocolate, coating all sides; allow excess to drip off. Place on prepared pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Originally published as Chocolate Billionaires in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p92
Reviews for Chocolate Billionaires
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review