- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and water; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans and cereal until coated. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip candy into chocolate, coating all sides; allow excess to drip off. Place on prepared pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Chocolate Billionaires
"Positively delicious. I used a Silpat instead of waxed paper and used chocolate disks instead of chocolate chips and shortening. It is a keeper."
"Very good. Agree with others who said to make small, they are rich. Made to send to family and all loved them. Thanks!"
"I made these several years ago and misplaced the recipe. Boy, am I glad to see it again. They were the hit of my cookie/candy trays and I look forward to surprising many friends with their return."
"This is the Best Chocolate candy for 2014 * Everyone loved these rich, crunchy treats. Super Easy to make. This recipe will adorn my Candy tray each year ! Delish. I elected to drizzle the chocolate across the small candy treats instead of dunking. It gave them a real nice Look. And everyone got a peek at the Inside, cause it was just as good as the Outside.Yes think small.Janie"
"Absolutely delicious. These are everything you want in a candy. I did take the advice of one of the reviewers and made them a bit on the small side. It turned out to be the perfect bite when I did this. I will definitely be making these again-and again."