- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the caramels and water; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in pecans and cereal until coated. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip candy into chocolate, coating all sides; allow excess to drip off. Place on prepared pans. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Chocolate Billionaires
Sort By :
"This is the Best Chocolate candy for 2014 * Everyone loved these rich, crunchy treats. Super Easy to make. This recipe will adorn my Candy tray each year ! Delish. I elected to drizzle the chocolate across the small candy treats instead of dunking. It gave them a real nice Look. And everyone got a peek at the Inside, cause it was just as good as the Outside.Yes think small.Janie"
"Absolutely delicious. These are everything you want in a candy. I did take the advice of one of the reviewers and made them a bit on the small side. It turned out to be the perfect bite when I did this. I will definitely be making these again-and again."
"Easy to make and delicious! I dipped mine in chocolate almond bark and they were well received."
"Can these be frozen? If so, for how long? I'm starting my Christmas baking & candy making now."
"I wanted a chocolate treat for a retirement party at work....these were easy, Love the pecan/chocolate combo! A big hit w the office ! I did make them small and after dipping them in the choc. mix I drizzled white chocolate across some of the candies, and added choc. sprinkle to some to "fancy" them up a little."