Chocolate Berry Tarts
I sometimes use a ready-made crust if I'm short on time, shares Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia. Either way, this rich berry dessert is an elegant treat.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in
- cracker crumbs and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of
- two 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Freeze for 1 hour
- or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, cinnamon and remaining
- butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour
- into crusts. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, arrange berries over filling; sprinkle with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tart equals 796 calories, 57 g fat (34 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium,