I sometimes use a ready-made crust if I'm short on time, shares Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia. Either way, this rich berry dessert is an elegant treat.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in cracker crumbs and sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, cinnamon and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour into crusts. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, arrange berries over filling; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Berry Tarts in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Berry Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review