Chocolate Berry Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry or black raspberry spreadable fruit, divided
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- RASPBERRY CREAM:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries, optional
- 1. Place 3/4 cup of spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 30-50 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine sour cream and melted fruit spread; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 4. Place remaining spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Brush over warm cake. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- 5. For raspberry cream, place raspberries in a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with the cake. Garnish with fresh berries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 497 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.