Chocolate Berry Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry or black raspberry spreadable fruit, divided
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- RASPBERRY CREAM:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries, optional
- Place 3/4 cup of spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 30-50 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine sour cream and melted fruit spread; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Place remaining spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Brush over warm cake. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- For raspberry cream, place raspberries in a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with the cake. Garnish with fresh berries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Berry Pound Cake
Sort By :
"Excellent crowd pleaser, a little drier than I like but added 2/3 C buttermilk and came out perfect. Used fresh strawberries on top and just seedless fruit spread instead of the raspberry puree with the whipped cream and turned out beautiful!"
"I chose this for my birthday cake this year and everyone loved it. My Mom said that she is keeping this recipe to take to church functions because it is so good and so easy."