"This moist cake topped with raspberry whipped cream is from a dear friend's vast recipe collection," writes Christi Ross of Guthrie, Texas. "It tastes like something Grandma would make and is pretty enough to serve at a special luncheon or shower."
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry or black raspberry spreadable fruit, divided
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- RASPBERRY CREAM:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries, optional
- Place 3/4 cup of spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 30-50 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Combine sour cream and melted fruit spread; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Place remaining spreadable fruit in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Brush over warm cake. Cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
- For raspberry cream, place raspberries in a blender; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Strain and discard seeds. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with the cake. Garnish with fresh berries if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Berry Pound Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Berry Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review