Chocolate Berry Parfaits Recipe
This creamy dessert is easy to make for weekday dinners, yet pretty enough for company. Instant chocolate pudding is layered with a mixture of pureed strawberries and whipped cream to create yummy parfaits. For quicker results, use whipped topping rather than whipping cream...or serve in a single bowl.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; set aside. Drain strawberries (discard the juice or save for another use); place berries in a blender. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in strawberry puree. Divide half of the chocolate pudding among four or six parfait glasses. Top with half of the strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with a strawberry slice if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC