Chocolate Berry Freeze Recipe
This lovely make-ahead cake tastes as good as it looks. Rich, creamy and decadent, it’s perfect for company! Thanks to Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota for the recipe.
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons strawberry ice cream topping
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press half of the mixture into prepared pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. Pour half of the milk into a small bowl; stir in strawberries and strawberry topping. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze for 45-60 minutes or until firm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the almonds, chocolate syrup and remaining milk. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread over crumb layer (pan will be full). Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using foil, lift dessert out of pan. Invert onto a serving platter; discard foil. Cut into slices. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice equals 393 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Berry Freeze
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC