A fruity sauce accents this fudgy cheesecake, making it perfect for holidays and celebrations, says Charleston, South Carolina field editor Lisa Varner.
- 1 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the chocolate, cream, cornstarch and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Pour filling over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in raspberries. Cool completely. Serve cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Berry Cheesecake in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p45
Reviews for Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2013
"I love this cheesecake, one of the best I've made. It's rich and tasty, and the raspberry sauce makes it so elegant!"