Chocolate-Berry Bars Recipe
- 5-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, chocolate chips, cranberries and wheat germ; set aside.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, oil and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 30-45 seconds longer or until marshmallows are puffed and melted; stir until smooth.
- 3. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until chips are melted. Spread into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 900-watt microwave.
1 each: 126 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.