I created this recipe by accident when I wanted to make Rice Krispie bars with dried fruit. All I had in my cupboard were dried cranberries and chocolate chips, so I tossed them in.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, chocolate chips, cranberries and
- wheat germ; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows, oil and
- milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave
- 30-45 seconds longer or until marshmallows are puffed and melted;
- stir until smooth.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir until chips are melted. Spread into a
- lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cut into bars. Yield: about
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 900-watt microwave.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.