- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in cream.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the cream mixture. Sprinkle with a fourth of the chocolate. Repeat layers three times. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Bavarian Torte
Sort By :
"I can't use whipping cream could I use Cool Whip in place of?"
"I LOVE this recipe. My grandchildren call this "Ding Dong Cake" and it's always a winner! The filling really MAKES this cake a success!"
"I LOVED this cake!!!! The cream filling could be eaten by the table spoon!! I made a big one using two cake mixes, using 10 inch pans! Beautiful!!"
"My favorite cake so far. This was incredibly easy to make, and the family loved it. It took only a few ingredients, so it didn't cost much, and it wasn't even time consuming. The taste of outstanding. I seriously only got one small piece and the cake was gone."