Chocolate Bavarian Torte Recipe
Whenever I take this torte to a potluck, I get so many requests for the recipe. —Edith Holmstrom, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in cream.
- 3. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a fourth of the cream mixture. Sprinkle with a fourth of the chocolate. Repeat layers three times. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC