Chocolate Banana Smoothies
In an effort to lose weight, I wanted to find a healthy, sweet and filling beverage. I came up with this smoothie recipe that fits the bill.Katherine Lipka, Galesburg, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe frozen bananas, sliced
- 2 cups coarsely crushed ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the milk, pudding mix and vanilla; cover and
- process until blended. Add the bananas and ice; cover and process
- until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.