- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Muffins
Sort By :
"Added about a half cup of fresh cranberries. Used regular brown sugar. Came out fantastic."
"Very good, and I am not a fan of banana bread. Made as directed except used 3/4 cup packed brown sugar and about a 1/4 cup Splenda. I used mini-muffin pan and it made 48 muffins filling the cup to the brim. I like 'em to have a muffin top. I live in a very small town outside of Fayetteville, AR. Took them to our Senior Center and they were gone in no time! Several folks asked for the recipe."
"Just took these out of the pan and the one that stuck and came apart was really delicious!! i followed the recipe exactly and had no problem with the baking soda as other reviewer mentioned. I did, however, make 12 muffins instead of 24. The cups were about 3/4 full and it took 22 minutes to bake into fluffy muffins with nice tops. I think dividing then into 24 cups would yield topless muffins. Great recipe, thanks!"
"The Test Kitchen reviewed this recipe as written and they baked up wonderfully. 3 tsp of Baking Soda worked well and didn't leave any after-taste (so says all the office workers that devoured them).Happy baking!Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"I made as directed except I used pecans. Nothing wrong with the amount of baking soda! I've made these several times and thought I owed it a good review. :)"