Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Muffins
Sort By :
My husband and 3 boys really enjoyed these. I will absolutely make them again!
Our muffins weren't dry, I only used 2 bananas and cut back on the flour I put in after reading the other reviews. I'm told they could've been fluffier, but that's tough for the nature of a banana muffin.
Like other reviewers, I tweaked the recipe. I cut out the white sugar, using 1/2 c brown sugar only. I had 5 small to medium bananas on hand, so I used them all. I used half the chocolate chips. And I also used 2 T of baking powder instead of the baking soda because it's what I had on hand. I also omitted the nuts so my kids would like them. :)
The mini muffins turned out especially good. My kids loved them. So did I!
Substitited half the flour for whole wheat flour.
Fast, easy and delicious!