Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Muffins(34)
Sort By :
Our muffins weren't dry, I only used 2 bananas and cut back on the flour I put in after reading the other reviews. I'm told they could've been fluffier, but that's tough for the nature of a banana muffin.
Like other reviewers, I tweaked the recipe. I cut out the white sugar, using 1/2 c brown sugar only. I had 5 small to medium bananas on hand, so I used them all. I used half the chocolate chips. And I also used 2 T of baking powder instead of the baking soda because it's what I had on hand. I also omitted the nuts so my kids would like them. :)
The mini muffins turned out especially good. My kids loved them. So did I!
Substitited half the flour for whole wheat flour.
Fast, easy and delicious!
My kids love anything with chocolate chips, so these were a hit! I cut both sugars by half and used half whole wheat flour to make these healthier. I also omitted the walnuts (but only because i ran out!) Without the walnuts, I ended up with only 20 muffins instead of 24