Chocolate Banana Muffins
"I bake something almost everyday—either in the morning before everyone's awake or in the evening," comments Stephanie Kienzle from North Miami Beach, Florida. "I whip up these tender muffins in no time and serve them with jam for breakfast or ice cream and chocolate syrup for dessert."
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, bananas and
- vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just
- until combined. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Fill
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 191 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.