- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 5 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Gently stir in the banana, chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour half of the batter over crust.
- Combine cocoa and oil until blended; stir into remaining batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter in pan; gently spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or just until center is set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before cutting. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Banana Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p48
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2012
I made this for my son's birthday - it was absolutely delicious and vanished in minutes. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Mine did crack a little on top, but it certainly didn't affect the taste.