Chocolate Banana Bundles
Banana and chocolate is such a irresistible combination that I make this quick dessert often. I sometimes sprinkle on a dash of sea salt. You can also top with any leftover butter and brown sugar mixture.—Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium
- heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Cut into four rectangles. Place a halved banana
- in center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry
- over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 596 calories, 31 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 7 g protein.