Banana and chocolate is such a irresistible combination that I make this quick dessert often. I sometimes sprinkle on a dash of sea salt. You can also top with any leftover butter and brown sugar mixture.—Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Cut into four rectangles. Place a halved banana in center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Banana Bundles in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p67
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review