Chocolate Banana Bundles Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Cut into four rectangles. Place a halved banana in center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with chocolate. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bundles
Sort By :
"This dessert has become a regular in our house! It is SO good! Easy prep and it is DELICIOUS especially with vanilla ice cream!"
"A version of this dessert is made at a restaurant in Orlando. It is a MUST when my husband and I get over that way (we live in Tampa, FL). One difference: the recipe at the restaurant includes raisins, the brown sugar and some chocolate in the pastry along with the banana. I prefer it with the raisins. My husband doesn't like them and prefers it without them."
"How about using puff pastry shells? Slice the banana, and pile into the center of the shell, then bake. Just a thought, since I haven't tried doing this, but seems to me it would work. YUMMY nevertheless!"
"Re: Smoky kitchenHere's a suggestion. I have great success cooking bananas in a non-stick skillet. Melt butter and brown sugar first. Add sliced bananas and over a med. low heat allow the fruit to soften up. Cut the puff pastry into squares (or whatever shape you like) and bake them til golden. Once cooled you could drizzle them with chocolate and then make "stacks" using the fruit as filling or place the fruit on a plate and stick puff pastry triangles into the ice cream. Just a thought."
"SUPER tasty banana dessert recipe."