- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Did not care for this recipe. I had such high hopes. I will stick with my go-to chocolate banana bread which is more moist and flavorful."
"I had to try this...I had a few ripe bananas. After reading the reviews, I decided to get rid of the little sour cream I had left so I used it instead of the milk. I also threw in a handful of mini-chocolate chips. I could smell it at about 40 minutes. Ovens always vary in baking times and temps, but in my oven, this bread was perfectly done in 45 minutes. I would like to make this one again."
"This was very easy to make, and tasted yummy. I did make some changes, in order to make sure it would come out moist. I added 1 tsp. baking powder, substituted 1/2 butter for applesauce, added 1/4 cup sour cream instead of the milk, and added 1 tsp. cinnamon for extra flavor. I would make this again with my substitutions, but would also add chocolate chips and nuts, for even yummier results."
"Made this to sell at a Farmer's Market. Used 1/2 butter-1/2 applesauce, also took the advice of another and added 1/3 c of cocoa powder, baked in mini loaf pans. Topped with mini chocolate chips, Winner."
"These were so good! Made muffins instead. Used 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 4 oz of unsweetened applesauce mixed with the mashed bananas, 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top. Baked for about 18 minutes. I was lucky to get one. They went fast!"