Nothing tops old-fashioned banana bread, except maybe this chocolate version! Each slice is studded with nuts. —Connie Deke, DeWitt, Nebraska
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Chocolate Banana Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review