- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bread(24)
Sort By :
I made this today after reading the reviews about it being to dry I decided to try adding some extra bananas and some apple sauce did the job had to cook about an extra 10 min but it's so good
Very tasty! It was a tad bit dry but that didn't bother me. I used 3 over ripe bananas instead of just ripe. Rather than nuts I added a half cup of chocolate chips to the batter and then I poured it into 4 mini loaf pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes. I like the idea of adding cinnamon. Next time iIll do that !
i loved it .it was not dry .
awful. threw it out. very dry; lacked flavor. save yourself time & money and make the Best Ever Banana Bread on the website - add chocolate chips if you like it chocolatey.
Added a little more baking cocoa, bananna and 1 tsp of cinnamon and it turned out okay. A little dry. I would suggest using more bannana.