- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bread
Sort By :
"My 12 yr old grandson made your delicious recipe today by himself to earn points toward his scout cooking badge :) He made two mini loaf pans. One with nuts, one without.He was very happy and proud with the results. Not to mention, he, his Papa and myself reaped the YUMMY benefits!!!"
"I made this today after reading the reviews about it being to dry I decided to try adding some extra bananas and some apple sauce did the job had to cook about an extra 10 min but it's so good"
"Very tasty! It was a tad bit dry but that didn't bother me. I used 3 over ripe bananas instead of just ripe. Rather than nuts I added a half cup of chocolate chips to the batter and then I poured it into 4 mini loaf pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes. I like the idea of adding cinnamon. Next time iIll do that !"
"i loved it .it was not dry ."
"awful. threw it out. very dry; lacked flavor. save yourself time & money and make the Best Ever Banana Bread on the website - add chocolate chips if you like it chocolatey."