Chocolate Banana Bread
Nothing tops old-fashioned banana bread, except maybe this chocolate version! Each slice is studded with nuts. —Connie Deke, DeWitt, Nebraska
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the
- banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.