- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, bananas, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the banana mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in nuts if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Chocolate Banana Bread
Sort By :
"Made this to sell at a Farmer's Market. Used 1/2 butter-1/2 applesauce, also took the advice of another and added 1/3 c of cocoa powder, baked in mini loaf pans. Topped with mini chocolate chips, Winner."
"These were so good! Made muffins instead. Used 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 4 oz of unsweetened applesauce mixed with the mashed bananas, 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top. Baked for about 18 minutes. I was lucky to get one. They went fast!"
"My usual recipe for banana bread includes adding a cup of chocolate chips.I decided to try this recipe, but I made them into muffins instead and added a cup of chips also-then bake for 15 minutes. They came out moist and delicious, and my wife and daughter said not to bother making the other ones again."
"My 12 yr old grandson made your delicious recipe today by himself to earn points toward his scout cooking badge :) He made two mini loaf pans. One with nuts, one without.He was very happy and proud with the results. Not to mention, he, his Papa and myself reaped the YUMMY benefits!!!"
"I made this today after reading the reviews about it being to dry I decided to try adding some extra bananas and some apple sauce did the job had to cook about an extra 10 min but it's so good"