Chocolate Banana Bran Muffins
So easy-to-make, these treats are healthy but still satisfy my chocolate-loving family. Stir in raisin bran instead of bran flakes for a little extra flavorful fun. —Tracy Chappell, Hamiota, Manitoba
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six
- ingredients. Stir in bran flakes. In another bowl, whisk eggs,
- bananas, oil and buttermilk until blended. Add to flour mixture;
- stir just until moistened.
- Fill foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 12-14 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 169 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium,