- and lemon peel. Sprinkle 2 cups over top layer of phyllo.
- Top with four layers phyllo dough, buttering each layer. Top with 2
- or more cups nut mixture. Top with four layers phyllo dough,
- buttering each layer; top with remaining nut mixture. Top with the
- remaining phyllo dough, brushing each layer with butter. Drizzle any
- remaining butter over top.
- Using a sharp knife, cut baklava into 1-1/2-in. diamonds. Bake at
- 325° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine
- the syrup ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium
- heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20
- minutes. Pour over warm baklava. Cool completely in pans on wire
- racks. Yield: 50 pieces.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 186 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.