Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer half the batter to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle filling over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p51
Reviews for Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review