My big sister shared this sensational coffee cake with me. The unique combination of flavors in the center swirl really sets this above the rest. Your guest will be surprised and delighted with the apricot-chocolate filling.—
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer half the batter to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle filling over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p51
Reviews for Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review