Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake Recipe
My big sister shared this sensational coffee cake with me. The unique combination of flavors in the center swirl really sets this above the rest. Your guest will be surprised and delighted with the apricot-chocolate filling.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer half of the batter to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle filling over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p51
Reviews for Chocolate-Apricot Coffee Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bundt Coffee Cake >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Coffee Cake >
- Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >