Chocolate Anise Cannoli Recipe
Here’s that something-special treat you’ve been looking to add to your holiday cookie trays! We guarantee these wonton-wrapped bites with anise, cherries, chocolate, brandy and pistachios will be gone in a twinkling. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons anise liqueur
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 1. Wrap a wonton wrapper around a metal cannoli tube. Moisten corner with water and seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove shells from tubes; cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Meanwhile, place cherries in a small bowl. Add brandy; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop cherries. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, liqueur and chopped cherries until blended.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip shell ends in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Press into pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- 5. Pipe filling into prepared shells. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cannoli equals 175 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC