Chocolate Anise Cannoli Recipe
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons anise liqueur
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- Wrap a wonton wrapper around a metal cannoli tube. Moisten corner with water and seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove shells from tubes; cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place cherries in a small bowl. Add brandy; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop cherries. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, liqueur and chopped cherries until blended.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip shell ends in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Press into pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Pipe filling into prepared shells. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Anise Cannoli in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p33
Reviews for Chocolate Anise Cannoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2011
would love to try,but recipe says serve immediatly? not sure would be good for cookie exchange. Any feedback?