Here’s that something-special treat you’ve been looking to add to your holiday cookie trays! We guarantee these wonton-wrapped bites with anise, cherries, chocolate, brandy and pistachios will be gone in a twinkling. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons anise liqueur
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped shelled pistachios
- Wrap a wonton wrapper around a metal cannoli tube. Moisten corner with water and seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove shells from tubes; cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place cherries in a small bowl. Add brandy; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop cherries. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, liqueur and chopped cherries until blended.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip shell ends in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Press into pistachios. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Pipe filling into prepared shells. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Anise Cannoli in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p33
Reviews for Chocolate Anise Cannoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2011
"would love to try,but recipe says serve immediatly? not sure would be good for cookie exchange. Any feedback?"