"Yum!" and "Wonderful!" are typical reactions to this make-ahead dessert, which field editor Norma Erne serves in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips over low heat; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg yolks and sugar; gradually add to chocolate, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Fold in cream.
- Tear cake into bite-size pieces; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Top with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Angel Food Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p67
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Food Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2009
"This sounds very similar to a recipe I have. It is so good. One of my families favorites."