Chocolate Angel Food Candy Recipe
If you love Angel Food Cake, you are going to love this candy. The taste is irresitable.—Geralyn Emmerich, Hubertus, Wisconsin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/2 pound milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. Line a 9-in.-square pan with foil and grease foil with butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Do not spread candy. Cool, then using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; break candy into pieces.
- 3. In a microwave, melt dark chocolate coating and 1/2 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Dip half the candies in the melted dark chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Repeat with milk chocolate coating and remaining shortening and candies. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/4 pounds.
2 ounce-weight: 413 calories, 14g fat (12g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Food Candy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC