I love to bake but I need to watch my diet so I came up with delicious cake that I don't feel guilty about at all.—Margaret Zickert, Deerfield, Wisconsin
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups egg whites (about 14)
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour and cocoa together three times; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla. Sift about a fourth of the flour mixture by fourths. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour. Turn off the oven, but let cake sit in the oven for 5 minutes. Removed from the oven and immediately invert pan; cool. Loosen sides of cake from pan and remove. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Angel Food Cake in Country Woman July/August 1995, p36
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review