Chocolate Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and cocoa. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar substitute and cornstarch; add raspberries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until the mixture is thickened. Remove saucepan from the heat; cool.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of cake pan; remove cake to a serving platter. Strain the raspberry sauce; spoon over cake sliced. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Sort By :
This recipe was unavailable to view for a while and after contacting ToH they got it back up for me. I prefer recipes from scratch, but this is quick - why it was first published in Quick Cooking. Just in case there are those that have never made an angel food cake before - it is best to have a designated tube pan for only angel food cakes as they will not rise properly if the sides of the pan have any grease/oil/butter. For those that haven't seen it the chocolate angel food cake recipe sent out June 9/2011 under the heading Father's Day Favorites is a good comparison - from scratch - and a number of useful comments are with it now.
Regi from north of Huntsville, Ontario, Canada
I will definitly make this again. It was simple to make and absolutely delicious It's hard to believe that it's so light.
Directions are unclear are you supposed to mix up the angel food cake according to the box instructions and then add the cocoa and boiling water? Can someone help?
Mine fell flat too. I've thought about it and couldn't figure a reason for it. I threw it away because it looked so unappetizing. Does anyone have any suggestions?
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cake Topping Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Chocolate Sauce >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >