"When I needed a light dessert for guests who were on a restricted diet, I combined two of my favorite recipes to create this chocolate cake with berry sauce," says Lana Drum, Maryville, Tennessee.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and cocoa. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar substitute and cornstarch; add raspberries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until the mixture is thickened. Remove saucepan from the heat; cool.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of cake pan; remove cake to a serving platter. Strain the raspberry sauce; spoon over cake sliced. Serve with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Angel Food Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p39
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Food Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review