Sweeten any meal with these fun, frosted chocolate cupcakes that take just minutes to make. The finger-licking flavor packs far fewer calories and fat than traditional desserts! —MANDY RIVERS, LEXINGTON, SOUTH CAROLINA
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, adding cocoa when mixing.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 11-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and cracks feel dry. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting in Healthy Cooking December/January 2012, p85
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review