Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, adding cocoa when mixing.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 11-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and cracks feel dry. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
Sort By :
I baked these for my staff and for a baby shower, and they were a big hit both times. They're easy to make, and taste better the day after you bake them. Make sure to keep them refrigerated. I will definitely make them again.
These are fantastic! Light and flavorful. I topped half with the coconut and half with raspberries. Big hit!
just follow the directions on the box and add in cocoa and use oven temp that is for cake
quaintcook, follow the directions on the box to make the cake but add the cocoa. Then pour that batter into the cupcake tins as described to make the cupcakes. There are no directions on the cake box for cupcakes. Hope this helps.
I want to try this but it says to follow directions on angel food cake mix box for cupcakes and there is no recipe for cupcakes on the box. Can anyone help? Have to click 4 stars because I feel the directions are incomplete.