Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, adding cocoa when mixing.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 11-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and cracks feel dry. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
Sort By :
Hands down, the worst recipe I have ever made from Taste of Home. Tastes like fake chocolate air, and the sour cream/cool whip combo is not a good one. You just cannot get a decent chocolate taste by adding cocoa to angel food mix; you need to use actual chocolate mix. The only reason it gets 2 stars instead of one is because they turned out the way they were supposed to.
I baked these for my staff and for a baby shower, and they were a big hit both times. They're easy to make, and taste better the day after you bake them. Make sure to keep them refrigerated. I will definitely make them again.
These are fantastic! Light and flavorful. I topped half with the coconut and half with raspberries. Big hit!
just follow the directions on the box and add in cocoa and use oven temp that is for cake
quaintcook, follow the directions on the box to make the cake but add the cocoa. Then pour that batter into the cupcake tins as described to make the cupcakes. There are no directions on the cake box for cupcakes. Hope this helps.