Chocolate and Red Wine Cupcakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the wine, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into wine mixture until blended.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form, about 15 seconds. Pipe over cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 274 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate and Red Wine Cupcakes
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.