- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Crumble enough cake to measure 8 cups; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another use.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, water and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for two minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble, spread 2-1/2 cups pudding mixture in a 4-qt. glass bowl. Top with half of the crumbled cake; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Arrange half of the berries and kiwi over cake.
- Repeat pudding and cake layers; sprinkle with remaining orange juice. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Spoon remaining fruit around edge of bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate and Fruit Trifle
"I've made this several times with blueberries instead of kiwifruit and have been declared a superstar everytime. Tastes sinfully great and looks awesome. Great for kids and adults as well."
"I've made this a few times for family get togethers and everyone loved it. This recipe is a keeper. :)"
"This is a hit every time I make it!"
"Absolutely DELICIOUS! I used rasperries, blueberries and strawberries. Everyone loved it and made me promise to make it again! Which I will definatly do =)"
"I hosted a Table at my Church's Women's Tea for Moms. My Mom and I are allergic to most flowers, so I decided to make this for our Center Peice. Everyone LOVED it! It was Delicious!"
"This is a delicious dessert! I used white chocolate pudding for variation and added blueberries and blackberries. Fantastic!"