Chocolate and Fruit Trifle Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Crumble enough cake to measure 8 cups; set aside. (Save remaining cake for another use.)
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, water and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for two minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- To assemble, spread 2-1/2 cups pudding mixture in a 4-qt. glass bowl. Top with half of the crumbled cake; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Arrange half of the berries and kiwi over cake.
- Repeat pudding and cake layers; sprinkle with remaining orange juice. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Spoon remaining fruit around edge of bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate and Fruit Trifle
Sort By :
"I've made this several times with blueberries instead of kiwifruit and have been declared a superstar everytime. Tastes sinfully great and looks awesome. Great for kids and adults as well."
"I have made this trifle for a family Christmas dinner and everyone loved it."
"My best friend made this trifle at a dinner party at her house Christmas Eve. Everyone including myself loved it. I decided to make this myself over the holiday for two different locations and once again everyone not only loved the taste but they raved over how pretty it looked."
"I've made this a few times for family get togethers and everyone loved it. This recipe is a keeper. :)"
"This is a hit every time I make it!"