With a hint of almond, these chewy treats are similar to those sold in Italian bakeries. My husband and children are always excited when I include these in my holiday baking lineup.Kathy L. Long, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups almond paste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, beat the almond paste, sugar and egg whites until
- combined. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; gradually add to
- almond mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until tops are
- cracked. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.