When my children were younger, we'd make dozens of different cookies and candies. Then we'd pack up an assortment of each and deliver them to friends. These mouthwatering wafers were always a favorite.—Phyl Broich-Wessling, Garner, Iowa
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup ground almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in sliced almonds.
- Shape dough into a 14-in. log. Roll in ground almonds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Wafers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p136
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Wafers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review