Chocolate Almond Velvet Recipe
"Good food is best when shared with family and friends," says Lise Thomson of Magrath, Alberta. "But I'm tempted to make an exception with this cool and creamy make-ahead frozen dessert. It's so smooth and chocolaty I could eat it all by myself!"
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds. Spread into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Velvet in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p44
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Velvet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Chocolate Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chocolate Desserts >
- Quick Desserts >