Chocolate Almond Stacks Recipe
A yummy blend of almonds, whipped cream and chocolate sauce goes into this showpiece dessert from Leah Lyon of Ada, Oklahoma. She suggests lightly toasting the almonds for extra flavor.
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate with 1 tablespoon cream; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar and vanilla on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and pale yellow. Fold in flour and melted chocolate. Pour into two 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cut cakes in half widthwise.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 3 tablespoons cream, stirring constantly. Spread over top of cakes; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat almond extract with remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Spread half of the whipped cream on top of two cake squares; top each with a remaining cake square and remaining whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Stacks in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p33
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Stacks(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Low Sodium Desserts >