Chocolate Almond Silk Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted sliced almonds, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on low speed until well combined, about 2-3 minutes. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, combine sugar and eggs in a small saucepan until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate and almond extract until smooth. Cool to lukewarm (90°), stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add cooled egg mixture; beat on high speed for 5 minutes. Pour into cooled pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and almonds if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 293 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Almond Silk Pie
"This is putzy but Very Good!"
"This pie was served at my high school graduation party. It seemed to be a little work to prepare, the results were well worth it. :) Yum!!!"
"My husband's all-time favorite pie. I have made this more times than I can count."